Serial-entrepreneur and co-founder of several businesses. He founded his first business at the age of 16 – a mail order company for sustainable toys that is active in Germany. Another company tries to get children excited about good food and is active in over 20 countries (www.mogli.de).
Armin studied Philosophy, Politics and Economics at University of Witten/Herdecke and Oxford and currently researches at Columbia University, New York.
He is member of the young think tank of the Club of Rome, ThinkTank 30 (www.tt30.de).
His political engagement began with working for half a year, 2010, in the European Parliament and then founding together with MEP Gerald Häfner and others Democracy International, an NGO that fights for more democracy in Europe. Armin led a European wide campaign for more democracy and for „rethinking the EU“, involving the biggest trade unions of Germany and partner organization in 20 European countries.
- 2014 OpenEd on Euractiv (in English):
- 2015 Chapter on “Workers and Ownership” in “The democratic enterprise”, published by Sattelberger, Welpe, Boes. Book was awarded the “Management Book of the Year 2015” Price. (http://www.amazon.de/Das-demokratische-Unternehmen-Führungskulturen-Wirtschaft/dp/3648074342)
- 27.9.2015 Article in Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung together with Prof. Dr. Bruno S. Frey on “new social systems for refugees” (The same article was also published on the German renowned economist blog “oekonomenstimme.org“: http://www.oekonomenstimme.org/artikel/2015/10/neue-europaweite-sozialsysteme-fuer-fluechtlinge/
- 2.11.2015 Article about “new social systems for refugees” reprinted in Switzerlands most influencial newspaper: Neue Züricher Zeitung (NZZ)
- 17.2.2016 Article in Handelsblatt on “Rethinking Ownership and Management in the 21st century” [PDF]
- 02/2016 Editor of a brochure “Responsibility Ownership” (in German “Verantwortungseigentum”) with interviews from several leading entrepreneurs in Germany and articles about new ideas on company ownership by Armin Steuernagel. Downloadable: http://purpose.ag/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Purpose_Broschuere_Verantwortungseigentum_Web.pdf
- 14.04.2016 Article in DIE ZEIT, p. 31 (Germany’s most read weekly newspaper) with Bruno S Frey and Armin Steuernagel on: “Verantwortlich? Niemand!” (“Responsible? Nobody!”, about crowding out of individual responsibility in the case of VW by bureaucracy and compliance regulations).
- 26.6.2016 Article in ZEIT ONLINE after the Brexit on ideas how a more citizen driven EU could look like (http://www.zeit.de/politik/2016-06/eu-nationalismus-europaeische-integration-buergernaehe)
- Looking at the US Elections from the Swiss Point of View, November 19th 2016:
- Twitter soll den Nutzern gehören:
In ENORM Magazin (Germany’s leading magazine on social innovations) 09/2016
- Demokratischer Freihandel – ein Vorschlag:
Interviews, reports in the press:
- Portrait about Armin Steuernagel in English by Deutsche Welle:
same report in German:
- Brandeins (Germany’s leading business magazin):
- Video Portrait
- Portrait by Impulse: